The Eyes of a Child

Attracted to the clear eyes of a child

When they gaze at me, my heart grows warm

Shameful of my sinful self

 

Pierced by the innocent eyes of a child

When they look at me, my heart contracts

Crushed by the awareness of my sins

 

Moved by the seeking eyes of a child

When they gaze at me, my heart is captivated

I am tested on whether I can fulfill their desires

 

Struck by the tears in the eyes of a child

When they look at me, my heart aches

I hold them close without knowing the reason for their tears

 

Anxiety crosses my mind as I meet the cold eyes of a child

When they gaze at me, my heart trembles

They see through my impure way of living

 

Saved by the laughter in the eyes of a child

When they look at me, my heart leaps

I realize the happiness of being together

 

Enchanted by the dreaming eyes of a child

When I look into them, my heart connects

I pray that this child's future will be filled with light

 

[Written on July 29, 2024. While being captivated by the eyes of a child, I acknowledge the risks of seeing my own reflection]

 

 

このブログの人気の投稿

忌憚なく

袖のノイズ

予期せぬ変調